6.09.2008

yours truly...











today i am inspired not only by my photo shoot, but also by my best friend's upcoming wedding, to share with you my love of calligraphy and letter writing. sadly, this beautiful craft seems to be becoming a lost art. however, there are those that still devote their time to perfecting this skill, and one of those masters of this beautiful art is new york's own bernard maisner. mr. maisner's work has fascinated me ever since i was lucky enough to receive one of his hand lettered invitations in my little mailbox. my roommate at the time received the mail first that day and inquired, "are you invited to buckingham palace?" this amazing bit of stationery has become a favorite keepsake of mine that i will treasure always. here are a few examples of mr. maisner's work as well as some calligraphy and letter writing accoutrements that are sure to inspire.

enjoy!
image sources: bernard maisner, papersprout, vickerey

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

This makes me wish I'd have kept up the calligraphy class I took as a girl.