8.16.2008

made in england...









well, it has been far too long since my last post. i guess you could say i took the summer off, although that was certainly not my intent. the past several weeks have been filled with weddings, showers, vacations, etc. we are finally starting to get back into some sort of a routine and with that, my posts to you will become more frequent, i hope!

i wanted to start back right, and share with you one of my very favorite collectibles. wedgwood, particularly the jasperware variety, is among my most favorite treasures. developed by josiah wedgwood in the 18oo's, it is most recognizable in its blue and white ware, but in fact, comes in a variety of colors. pictured above, are some of the company's newest and some of my personal favorite hues.

fortunately, i am lucky enough to live in the city which hosts the largest collection of wedgwood jasperware, outside of england. the dwight and lucille beeson wedgwood collection comprises over 1400 pieces and is among the permanent collections on view at the birmingham museum of art. i have also had the pleasure of meeting lord piers wedgwood on several occasions, both as an admirer and collector of his family's pottery and also as a stylist featuring his collectibles in my women's lifestyle magazine. it is always a joy and an honor to reunite with lord wedgwood and add a new autographed piece to my collection!

Until next time...

Cheerio!

No comments: